Become a SOLD Host! from SOLD Experience on Vimeo.
We would love to bring SOLD: The Human Trafficking Experience to your location or event! We travel in the Pacific Northwest (Washington, Oregon, and Idaho). If you want to host SOLD, make sure you meet the following requirements and are able to fulfill the following responsibilities:
Print these requirements.
The SOLD team will provide:
The Host is responsible for providing:
- Recruit, schedule, and communicate with volunteers to staff the exhibit.
- All volunteers must attend a training session that includes 30 minutes of training plus time to go through the SOLD experience (at least 1 hour).
- 7-10 volunteers are needed for each four-hour shift to fill the following positions:
- Check-in Station Attendants
- Product Sales
- Counselors/Local trafficking experts
- Response Table attendants
- Set up meals for exhibit volunteers during meal times (A handy tool: TakeThemAMeal.com).
Set-up and Tear-down Teams
- Allow 3 hours each for setup and tear down.
- Hosts are responsible for having a setup team to meet the SOLD travel team when they arrive. The setup team should include:
- A facilities person with keys and access
- At least 10 able-bodied volunteers
- Hosts are responsible for providing a tear-down team of at least 10 able-bodied volunteers.
- Set-up and tear-down teams should come equipped with six 6' ladders and six ratchets with 9/16"-deep well sockets.
- A room large enough to hold the 24' x 32' exhibit with a 10' perimeter on all sides and at least two points of exit.
- Waiting area capable of holding 10-40+ people (same or adjoining room).
- Space for 3 product tables (same or adjoining room)
- At least a 9' ceiling; a flat floor.
- Overhead lighting.
- Electrical outlets available.
- Wi-Fi available.
- 3-6 rectangular tables.
- A television and DVD player
- Folding chairs (24-40)
- A $400 non-refundable registration/maintenance fee is required to cover costs associated with running the exhibit.
- Hosts pay a travel expense of $0.70/mile for a round-trip drive from Richland, WA to your location, plus any travel during the showing (i.e. to/from housing). If two vehicles are necessary, an additional $0.50/mile will be required.
- Hosts are responsible for the accommodations for our travel team of 3-4 persons for the duration of their stay. This can be at a local hotel or with church families.
- Hosts are responsible to provide food for the travel team or a $25 per diem rate per travel team member.
- The $400 non-refundable registration/maintenance fee or one-third of the estimated cost (non-refundable), whichever is greater, will be due three months prior to showing date, one-third will be due upon arrival of travel team on site and balance due will be paid Net30 from the date of final billing reflected on the invoice. A finance charge of 2% will be added to any balance remaining after the Net30 due date has passed.
- Hosts are responsible for printing an 11"x17" poster of current, local missing girls to put up in the US Motel Room. Pictures and information can be found at missingkids.com. Search for girls within the past year in the Host's state.
- SOLD supplies a recommended Plan for Action. As the Host, you are encouraged to modify this document to reflect local opportunities in your community.